I join you all in great sorrow over the loss of our precious Gene Smith.
From the day I met Gene in 1998, and after I started working for TBRC in 2004, I began a journey of good fortune for the past seven years. As an embodiment of wisdom and compassion he gently guided and taught me more in these years than in many lifetimes.
We have lost a great pillar of Tibetology and Buddhism in Gene Smith, but his mind and knowledge will continue living with us.
I pledge to continue to devote all of my work efforts to his mission to the best of my abilities.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Gene, for his peaceful journey.
I deeply mourn his leaving and will hold him in my heart forever.
May his immaculate benefit to this world remain for a very long time.
- Chance Meeting With A Guru August 12, 2013
- གོང་དཀར་བ་བློ་གསལ་དོན་གྲུབ་ཀྱིས་ཕྱི་ལོ་ ༢༠༡༡ ཟླ་བ་ ༡༢ ཚེས་ ༢༣ དགེ་བའི་ཉིན་གུས་ཕྱག་བཅས་ཕུལ། January 3, 2012
- From Tashi Tsering May 6, 2011
- A Mountain among Hillsides, An Ocean among Streams… February 18, 2011
- From Karma Triyana Dharmachakra, seat of His Holiness Karmapa in North America February 18, 2011
- དྲན་གསོའི་མཆོད་སྡོང་། February 18, 2011
- To the Family of E. Gene Smith, to his colleagues and to our mutual friends, February 7, 2011
- From the Ven. Lama Chime Rinpoche, Kagyu Benchen Ling, Todtmoos-Au, Germany February 2, 2011
- ༈ རྗེས་དྲན་པད་དཀར་འདབ་བརྒྱད། February 1, 2011